Join Our Growing Team
Become part of our team!
As a specialist in education and learning programmes, MLI strives to offer the highest quality programmes available worldwide, with a distinctly unique and authentic Canadian flavour. We pride ourselves on the professional, high quality of services that we offer to the international agents, parents, and students who make our business possible. We are always looking for enthusiastic, globally-minded professionals to join our team. Please click on the links below to find out more about the current positions that are available at our Toronto, North Vancouver or Tokyo offices.
Full Day Programme Coordinator - March 19 - April 1, Guelph, ON
Full Day Programme Coordinator for students from Japan March 19 - April 1, 2024 - GUELPH, ON
MLI Inc. is looking to hire Full Day Programme Coordinator
for students arriving from Japan
MLI Programme Coordinator responsibilities are:
- Report to MLI designated staff during the programme
- Participate in planning meetings
- Plan and run activities
- Arrange Host Family Matching
- Lead a full-day excursion
- Monitor morning student arrival / afternoon student departure
- Attend a social event such as evening gathering with visiting chaperones if any
- Daily check on students’ well being
- Daily briefing with visiting chaperones
- Arrange Farewell Ceremony
- Send off students on Departure Day
- Work with Local Coordinator regarding homestay matters
- Manage emergency situations, may include outside programme hours
- Canadian certified Teaching Degree OR ESL Teaching Certificate (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, etc.)
- Teaching experience with international students
- Ability to adapt and modify curriculum to suit the learning pace and ability of your students
- Organization and people management skills
- Cross-cultural Communication, Sensitivity, and Understanding
- Flexible and adaptable to a variety of situations
- Reliable and conscientious
- Team Player
- Problem Solving
- Driver’s license an asset
Job Type: Contract
Compensation: $2,100 including vacation pay, less required government employee deduction (on MLI Payroll)
Programme Date: March 19 – April 1 , 2024 (Tentative Itinerary next page)
Programme Location: CCVI(Centennial Collegiate Vocational Institute)/ 289 College Ave W, Guelph, ON N1G 1S9
Please send in your resume and cover letter to: Sae Yokoi at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
We recognize and value the richness of human diversity in its many forms, and therefore strive to ensure environments where youth and adults from all walks of life, identities, and lived experiences feel a sense of belonging and can participate fully. This commitment to inclusion means our culture and practices encourage self-awareness and awareness of others; room for difference; and environments where all feel safe, respected, supported, and inspired.
Our journey into equity, diversity and inclusion is entrenched within our core values of care, integrity, relevance, and rigour by:
- Mindfully identifying, discussing and navigating issues of racism and the impact it has on our organization and its people.
- Holding ourselves, our communities, and partners accountable to gain a better understanding, recognize and act against any inequities.
- Actively learning about and supporting all people and communities regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, ability, identity, orientation, or perspective